Wednesday, April 27, 2011

San Diego

So, the surgery went well....except for the fact, that I just confound all doctors with my racing-heart effect every time I have drugs more powerful than Extra Strength Tylenol, thus I had to stay at the hospital 5 hours longer than expected getting an x-ray, EKG, all those good tests, to make sure my heart was tip top. And it was...so, we left around 11pm. My wonderful Mother and good friends helped watch Jack and Phoebe a lot that week and brought over meals, which was so nice. And I honestly don't know what I'd do without Nick! He's the best!
Anyway...a week exactly after surgery, my Mom invited me and the kids to head to San Diego with her and Rachel to visit my Grandad and spend some time there. Nick couldn't come...but, I decided to be brave and tag along with the two kids.

Phoebe and I in the car. (still a bit swollen in the nose)
Let me just get this out....NEVER, EVER EVER, put Diesel gasoline into a honda pilot by accident (Mom), especially in Barstow California where there is nothing, and no one to help except Triple-A, who just tows you to a very INTERESTING part of town in California with some definite INTERESTING people to siphon out the gasoline which adds about 4 extra hours to an already 10 hour drive with 2 extremely tired kids!
This was just the first of many adventures of this awesome, unforgettable trip. I'll spare you most details..


This was probably the best part of the entire trip! Being able to see my wonderful Grandfather receive an awesome award. He had a conference room named after him at the Morgan Stanley building in Downtown San Diego, where he worked and spent about 60 years of his life building up the Morgan Stanley Dean Witter branch as a stock broker. He's wonderful! Also pictured is my Uncle Mark, he's so cool!


On a walk around the neighborhood my Grandad lives in! It's beautiful! It's like "being in San Diego, but not of San Diego." If you get my drift....very exclusive! Jack filled in for Nick and wanted to push Phoebe's stroller the entire time! He lasted about 10 minutes before collapsing...we went up some big hills.

I took this picture with no editing, might I add, with my dinky $50 dollar digital camera. I love the contrast with the grey plant and bright cranberry one in the background! Future photographer....perhaps!


Jack and Phoebe LOVED being there. Jack kept asking if Daddy could come so we could live there and not leave. I had no problem with that! The beach was fun...Phoebe absolutely hated the sand! She's such a Diva! She wouldn't walk more than two steps before crinkling her nose in disgust! On the opposite hand...Jack couldn't get enough of the sand and his awesome Castle!

Thanks Mom for a fun, UNFORGETTABLE trip! We had some good laughs....and cries!

1 comment:

  1. You are so beautiful! I love Phoebe's face in all these photos. She is so cute! And I am SO glad you are finally feeling better.

    ReplyDelete