Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Tribute to Nick


This handsome guy...my wonderful hard-working hubby just started a master's program this fall. Nick is probably the hardest worker I know! On a regular day he wakes up at 5am, gets to work by 6 to 6:30am, he is a manager for his company and is helping his boss constantly create a better working environment for employees and is currently in charge of implementing exciting new changes for the company, when work is done, he makes it home around 6pm, if he doesn't have any church meetings we have dinner, play with the kids, then he helps me put them to bed around 7:30pm, after he begins homework...which can last till 11pm, he goes to bed, and then starts over.
The masters program he started is an online program from the University of San Diego, USD. We do get to travel down there every 6 months when he needs to be on campus, which will be a nice little break. USD is a catholic university with one of the most beautiful campuses around! And believe me...I'm not the only one who's noticed...it's ranked in like the top 5 for the most beautiful campuses in the country. He is really excited about the program and what he will be learning. I know it will help his career out a lot and provide him with many more opportunities.
Even though most days since he's begun I do feel like a single parent (but don't...cuz I couldn't even imagine what that would be like!)...he still makes time to be silly with me and make me laugh and feel loved. It's clear that the last person he thinks about is himself. He is such a great man and I'm happy to say he's my best friend.
I'm so proud of him for beginning this new adventure. I know it will be full of hard days...but it will be worth it.
I love you Nick!

Check out the campus for yourself...

2 comments:

  1. That is exciting news! Nice that you guys get to stay put and just visit every few months. What is he getting his masters in?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya, it is nice! He is getting his masters in Supply Chain Management. He will be able to help assess processes different companies use and help them improve them...make them quicker, easier, more efficient, and money savvy, etc. He's really excited about what he's learning.

    ReplyDelete