Monday, August 8, 2011

Little Update



I had a great birthday in June. Nick was so sweet and left a scavenger hunt for me to do during the day while he was at work. It was very creative and the poem-clues all rhymed and some were actually pretty hard to figure out! When I figured out the location of the clue, I would go to it and there I would find a treat with a love note and the next clue. There were 5 total...because, my birthday this year marks the anniversary of our first date 5 years ago. (Yes, just smell the cheesey cuteness) And...believe it or not, Nick was the one to think up that one..not me.
Anyway, we ended the lovely day with a date night to the rodeo. The strawberry days rodeo in PG which happens to be right down the street. I'm a country girl and happen to love the rodeo! Nick took a large benadryl and managed not to have one problem with the hay-fever he normally gets around horses and large amounts of hay. I sure love him!!



Just a random picture of a sunrise by our house...isn't that so beautiful?! I love the mountains around here!

A few weeks later Nick and I decided to take a little excursion and explore some dirt roads up the mountain by Heber. He remembered finding a picnic spot up there once, years ago..So, we packed up the kids, grabbed some dinner and had a nice drive up the mountain...but then we started going back down the other side without finding a picnic spot. I began to be a little annoyed. A few minutes later, which seemed like an hour...we found a beautiful spot that was the beginning of a trail for a small hike. It was a natural spring flowing with small streams and had natrual travertine stone everywhere. We got the kids out of car, ate our dinner and hiked along the path. The path had many little bridges that would go above and over the streams of water, where we could see small fish swimming because the water was so clear. It was a pleasant surprise. And Jack and Phoebe LOVED every minute of it.



I can't believe how big and grown up Phoebe is getting. She is the personality of our little home! She keeps us all smiling and laughing. Nick and I joke about how she will grow up to be an actress because of how funny she is and also DRAMATIC. She loves to make Jack laugh and is always coming up with new ways on how to do this! Yesterday, I saw her crouching down, hunched over and walking around like an 80 year old woman. It was hysterical! I love her! And am so grateful to be her mother! She has a strong personality, just like her Daddy, which I know will be so important for her to have in this world! She's beautiful on the inside and out!



Our Jack buddy! Jack is so special! He warms your heart, just by being around him. He is growing into such a fun boy. He loves all things "boy!" Right now, Nick and I switch off telling him stories before bed which include our versions of: spiderman, wolverine, buzz lightyear and woody, and also Blble and Book of Mormon heroes. His current favorite is Jonah...he could recite that whole story to you in about 1 minute! He is learning to continue to share and to be patient with his younger sister...who often times comes in to his room and destroys his 'towers" or "castles" and puzzles...you get the idea. I love watching him ride his bike..his new found love. He's such a sweatheart! I charish our mother-son bond!

No comments:

Post a Comment