Tuesday, March 8, 2011

I've caught THE fever



What can I say....I just can't get enough of BYU basketball this year! I've caught the Jimmer fever and love to watch the entire team go out play! For those of you who haven't been interested or haven't watched BYU this season, need to get updated on the awesomeness!
They have been an amazing TEAM this year! Of course there's Jimmer Fredette who is such an all around great player, Jackson Emery who in my opinion is the greatest!! (He doesn't get enough recognition), Hartsock, Abuo, Collinsworth, Anderson, Magnussen....the list goes on...and then there's Brandon Davies, who really came out and played so well this season! He was a great post-man, and made so many rebounds, assists, etc for the team! As some of you may know, he violated the honor code and was suspended from playing the rest of the season. This was just after BYU played an amazing game and won against SDSU! We moved up to number 3 in most NCAA rankings! The day before we were scheduled to play New Mexico, was when the team and the world (might I add) found out about Davies' suspension. We lost a sad game against New Mexico and dropped to No. 8 in the NCAA rankings.
There was county-wide talk and interest in Brandon Davies, BYU, and of course the BYU honor code! As most people couldn't understand WHY the school wouldn't make an exception for Davies since we were for sure headed to the final four this year! I heard and wanted to share this voice recording of Danny Ainge (a legendary BYU Alumni basketball player) and a member of the Church, who talks about the BYU team this year, the honor code, and gives great insight into the LDS church and way of life. It was really good! At first, the recording is of a Celtics player talking, but be patient, cuz it comes up soon.

Danny Ainge on BYU's Brandon Davies and the Celtics">

So...needless to say, yes, we lost Davies this season, and yes we have not yet been able to beat New Mexico! But I still believe this team can go far! Go Cougars!
P.S. Nick is finding my new, sudden interest in basketball, rankings, the NCAA, MWC, etc...just thrilling! I've turned even more into his "Dream Girl." Especially last night...when by my choice I switched the channel to sports center to hear an update! He never saw that one coming! Haha!

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha, way to go Carrie. I was down at my in-laws stake conference last week, waiting outside for a friend to drive up when I heard a bunch of "older" gentleman talking about BYU basketball. The ring leader of the group said, "I think I have even converted you (as he pointed to another gentleman)to the cougar life (as in BYU basketball).

    ReplyDelete