Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Lately

Lately life has been full! Full of wonderful people, places, and things.

I took this picture a few mornings ago while Jack and Phoebe were finishing breakfast. I just looked over at them and this overwhelming feeling of love and gratitude came over me! Love for my two beautiful children and the joy I have from learning and growing with them every day, and a deep gratitude to my Heavenly Father that I am their mother.

I've been trying to keep developing my sewing skill and trying to learn more. I have a new excitement towards being invited to baby showers and birthdays because it gives me the opportunity to make/sew gifts to give. I love doing this!


Here is a recent project...a 18mo-2T size skirt for a friend of mine who is having a baby girl any day now! I didn't use a pattern, but had an idea in my head of a quilted looking skirt. I was pretty happily surprised by how it turned out...usually when I am patternless, my creations often fail.

We have planted a garden this spring! Yes...we have! The first garden for the Baird family. It is so exciting and fun to have a garden to look after. I just love seeing the little sprouts shoot up from the ground. It's hard work...but so worth it. Nick and I are learning a lot about gardening which is a great way for us to spend time together. We often walk over to the garden with the kids and water and check out any new developments. It's awesome!
(A picture of our garden to come soon)


Because of my recent church calling, I've had the opportunity to be involved with scouting! Wow...what an experience it has been! I have a new found love and respect for the scouting program and all it offers for young men! I am a definite supporter of being involved in the program. Nick was a big scouter when he was young, and he has told me stories after stories of experiences he's had while being a scout that have helped him accomplish and do "hard things." So...needless to say, Jack will be a scouter if I have any say in the matter! (which I do, cuz I'm his Mom)


We got invited to go to the Firemen Fundraiser breakfast in our community a little while ago. It was so great to see Jack's face and excitement to see the fire trucks and ambulances and firemen! It was super cool...
Jack had fun with his friend Sammie...she's a cutie!




My awesome neighbor and friend, Elana Johnson has written and published a new book. It is a trilogy, with the first book titled, "Possession". Nick and I had a fun date night last week as we went with a bunch of other couples from our ward/community to her book launch in Salt Lake City. We went to dinner first at a great pizza place, Este Pizza, and then attended the book launch at the King's English book store. Elana was hilarious! Her speech was witty and fun as well as touching and informant! I am so excited for her! It's truly a BIG deal to have a book published.
We purchased her young adult, sci-fi book and had her sign it for us. I finished reading the book in 2 days! I couldn't put it down (which goes to show how slow I read)...but, I highly recommend reading it! It's so good! You can find it at Barnes and Noble...and other book stores I'm sure.

Here's a pic of the cover..


So, lately has been busy but good for my family. We've had some ups and downs moments for sure, but I'm just happy summer has arrived and I'm looking forward to a birthday coming soon....(any guesses on how old I'll be turning?!)

No comments:

Post a Comment